Sunday, November 09, 2008

Procrasti-knit-ing

Hello everyone!  
Of course, that basically means "hello self!" but I'll ignore that fact and pretend I have an audience...
This week I have an economics test on Monday, a cell phys test on Tuesday, a physics test on Friday, and I plan to visit BF that same afternoon.  So after a friend and I went to brunch this morning, I managed to mangle my car's radiator by pulling too far into a parking space--lamest car accident ever.  Hopefully it will be easily and quickly fixable, but I'm getting a little bit stressed out about that combination of things.  Can't even go to yoga this afternoon because I should be studying.  
I've been doing some knitting so far this semester, mostly to avoid schoolwork or to keep my hands busy during Grey's Anatomy.  Nothing of it is very far along:
Lindsay 002
This sock is out of some Regia yarn that was gifted to me by a woman from whom I bought Louet Gems fingering over Ravelry for an eventual pair of Twisted Flower socks. It's cute and clown-barfy, and a nice brain-drain knit: no thinking, just stockinette.
Lindsay 001
I'm actually about twice as far on this scarf right now, but all the repeats look the same, so just imagine it longer. I really like the Cascade Eco+, as well as the pattern.
Lindsay 001
And last but not least, BF got me Socks that Rock for my birthday in September! I'm so proud. (I bookmarked it on his computer and put my favorite BMFA color in my facebook interests and told him to look there...but he did the actual purchasing all on his own. Nice job, male brain.)
So that's all that is interesting in my life right now...recently reached plurk nirvana and am hoping to reach academic nirvana just as painlessly, haha. Off to study...

4 Comments:

Blogger Paige said...

You have an audience!!! I love to check in to see your knitting but also a glimpse of Colgate life - I miss it! A prof on Ravelry just messaged me saying a new art gallery/knitting store is coming in on Broad St. True?
Paige http://www.paperstarfish.prettyposies.com

2:01 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I have not heard such a thing, but sounds good to me. Unfortunately the textbooks keep me from being too in touch with the real world :( There's a prof on Ravelry? I recently tried to convince one to join up, is the one you're talking about in the Biology department?

7:58 PM  
Blogger Shutterbug Knitter said...

Hello Back!
Beautiful yarn! Yeah BF! Hold on to him.
The sock is beautiful

6:24 AM  
Blogger Paige said...

Nope French and I think some Women's Studies...

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home