Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Slightly behind schedule


I finished this first sock of the Yao Ming pair (as I'm referring to them on Ravelry) last night while watching Conan...far later than I should be awake on a work night but I'm glad to have it done. I know it's not for me, but the recipient has men's size 9 feet and I have women's size 8.5...note the bagginess at the toe and heel. Not huge but it should be enough. And I'm particularly sure of that because I had him try on the 75% completed sock last Wednesday. I will soon cast on the second one, but not until I'm out of the campus housing where I've been staying for the past eleven weeks...

But of course, that's a whole story in itself. The lovely residential life staff has decided to kick us out four days earlier than they indicated, with the consolation of allowing us to move into another dorm for the interim. So basically I'll be moving out of this room tomorrow and living out of a backpack for two nights until I'm done with work and can leave campus for good (or at least for the three weeks before school officially starts on Labor Day, another joy).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home