Monday, July 14, 2008

Resisting because I must

So this past weekend I went to visit a friend, in a nearby city (huge compared to where I am, but not the biggest in central NY). It just so happened that I dropped said friend off for a two-hour gig volunteering at the hospital in town (pre-med) and had nothing to do in the interim. What's a girl to do but stop in at the nearby Barnes & Noble store--one of which is nowhere near her current residence--? I was sipping away at my innocent and cheap (compared to a book) tall non-fat iced caramel macchiato when I accidentally dripped a drop on the book I was perusing. Well of course, what could be brushed away and pretty much ignored in a library book (after notifying the librarian on duty, of course) COULD NOT be ignored in a store, so I just had to purchase the book--Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand if anyone's curious. Then, conveniently located in the center aisle on the way to the cash register, was a display of these huge volumes, multiple books by a single classical author bound together...and on sale for $8 a pop. So one of those came home with me too.

All of that leading up to my current resistance effort: not buying any Knitpicks Kettle-dyed Essential Sock Yarn, or Lisa Souza Sock Merino in "Miss Violet's Pink Ribbon" (both of which are available on Ravelry via stashes: cheaper and SO tempting) because that money is sitting on my bookshelf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home