Sunday, June 29, 2008

The best-laid plans...

This summer, I set up some lofty goals for myself in the knitting and reading realms. As the semester dwindled, I bought myself a nice shiny new book each pay-period as motivation to get through to summer. It's exciting to have a lot of time to read, as I love to do it and have very little time during actual school months. I even went to the big beautiful built-in-2007 library on Friday and picked up five more that I want to read (mostly short stories this time, while the others were mostly novels). So I really need to get cracking....it's just that Ravelry is such a magical invention, it sucks away all my time!

Finishing that baby sweater also took a bit, though not too much. I knew baby sweaters were small, but I never realized how fast the whole thing would go! I recently finished the first Pomatomus sock, and now I just have to make the second (SSS, me? Nah...). But I also got some KP Essential in gray from a fellow Raveler (five bucks! super-cool) for some birthday present socks, with a planned giving date of September. So those should get started soon too, as I am a rather slow knitter. And I have to make something for Starbucks & Yarn soon, when I get the details of my partner. And I have some Ultra Alpaca (rav) that I sweaterified last summer and de-sweaterified pretty recently, waiting for inspiration and super-fast fingers to strike.

So I have a lot to get done, and not a ton of time in which to do it. New pics next post, I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home